Social Media Coordinator: Permanent P/T
Our Social Media Coordinator will provide us a support role in crafting dynamic written, graphic & video content that will inform, inspire and educate our followers on plant related categories, while working alongside with our Social Media Team Lead.
You are a social media Rockstar that is bursting with exuberant energy and ideas, creative beyond measure, able to see the humorous, lighter things in life, all the while YOU, the Rockstar, are engaging everyone with new fun facts and entertaining Reel videos as they pertain to our business. Most importantly, you will be part of a supportive, easy-going team.
This role will be performed on-site (Ladner Trunk Rd.) and requires 24-32 hours per week.
- Provide support to our Social Media platforms. This includes, but is not limited to creating, publishing and scheduling content for our Facebook and Instagram channels (posts, stories, Reels, IGTV)
- Communicate with followers (DM's, comments, etc) and inquiries on a timely manner.
- Recommend creative strategies to improve our social media reach and engagement
- Utilize a Social Media Calendar to create a consistent stream of engaging content while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize engagement. All content must be approved by our Social Media Lead prior to publication.
- Reach out to relevant influencers for possible collaboration to increase brand awareness.
- Facilitate contests & sponsored giveaways with our vendors
- Communicates social media analytics, audience information & demographics to our Team Lead. This includes analysis of top- performing posts, videos, etc.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Management.
- Excellent oral & copywriting skills with the ability to take on our brand’s voice and provide value to the audience while capturing the personality of Vandula Farms.
- Keen eye for graphical visuals for social media.
- Hands-on experience in Content Management
- Proven work experience in Social Media Assistant/ Management role
- B. Comm Degree in Marketing or Communications is preferred
- Exceptional time management & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional demeanor under stressful situations.
- Experience with Adobe, or Canva is a required
- Experience with e-commerce / Shopify management is an asset
- Passion for Houseplants is an asset
Please attach your resume with a cover letter expressing your interest and why you're a perfect fit for this role and email it to:
Thank you for your interest. However, only applicants that can demonstrate experience will be contacted for interview.