Article: Botanical Designer - Indoor Planters
Botanical Designer - Indoor Planters
Are you passionate about merging artistry with nature? Are you a creative visionary with an eye for design? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking a talented Botanical / Floral Designer who can whip up the most stunning indoor botanical arrangements that will inspire and captivate our customers.
- Design visually stunning botanical planters for indoor spaces, including orchid arrangements, succulent planters, and mini plant terrariums.
- Careful selection of plant materials to ensure they are suitable for each specific environment, all while taking into consideration placement and arrangement, colour schemes, watering and lighting requirements.
- Educate clients and colleagues on plant care and maintenance to ensure the longevity and health of the botanical planters.
- Collaborate with our nursery team to ensure efficient, timely plant ordering and stock maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace, ensuring that all tools and materials are properly maintained and stored.
- Proven experience as a Botanical Designer or a similar role in Floral Arrangement, with a strong portfolio showcasing your creative botanical designs - Speed is important for this role which means the individual must have at least 3+ years planting experience
- Extensive knowledge of indoor plants, including their growth patterns, ideal environment, and care requirements.
- Excellent artistic and creative skills, with a keen eye for color, texture, and composition.
- Strong communication skills, with the capacity to effectively convey ideas and work collaboratively with clients and team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Physical stamina and dexterity, as the role may require lifting and carrying heavy soil and equipment up to 20 lbs.
- Flexibility to work weekends or holidays as required by the events
- Freelance or Seasonal P/T: You will be expected to work anywhere between18-30 hours per week depending on seasonality.
- Must have flexibility to work during our busy event days - Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Pumpkin Patch Festival Weekend Dates in October
Why Should You Apply:
- You embrace a healthy and meaningful lifestyle that connects with nature! You'll be surrounded by a lush oasis of beautiful plants in a serene Garden Centre setting
- No year-round work commitment! Our season commences in early April thru the end of October.
- No early morning or late-night shifts. We are open 7-days a week from 9:30am to 6:00pm including holidays.
- Higher than average pay scale for similar work.
- Cultivate your very own green living space through our employee discount!
Apply now and become a part of our mission to bring the beauty of nature into people’s homes!
Please submit a current resume and cover letter that demonstrates your relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome all applications! Please note that only those who have relevant work experience in botanical arrangement or floral design will be contacted for interview.