Student Cashiers - Market & Nursery
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for Student Cashiers that are mature, energetic and who possess a "jack-of-all-trades" attitude!
This position is committed on working on a seasonal, part-time basis from April through October to work anywhere between 2-3 days per week including weekdays and weekends. Flexibility on your committed availability is required.
Our ideal candidates will work with minimum supervision and will possess outstanding interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to perform accurate and efficient cash handling requirements of the job.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides positive customer experience with fair, friendly, and courteous service.
- Perform POS transactions including refunds and gift card transactions.
- Encourage customers to sign-up for Vandula's Loyalty Rewards Program and to assist them with the registration.
- Provide assistance with receiving, stocking, and pricing products.
- Ensure that floor area is hazard-free and cash desks are kept clean, tidy and organized at all times
- Provide assistance to customers in locating market product and plant displays throughout the greenhouse.
- Other duties may include, but not limited to: Shelf stocking, pricing, dusting, sweeping, cleaning & bagging of market produce, and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Willingly accepts and receives direction from Management in a respectful and courteous manner.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will have at least 1 or 2 years of work experience in a Retail, Hospitality or Customer Service Setting
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous work experience in a Grocery/Retail Store setting.
- Effective communication and communication skills
- Ability to learn our in-house POS and handle sales, refunds, and loyalty reward transactions efficiently.
- Ability to memorize produce codes and plant classifications (vegetable plants, tropical plants, etc) Training will be provided.
- Can tolerate long periods of standing and lift up to 15 lbs. of produce or plant materials.
Why Should You Apply:
- You embrace a dynamic work environment that can improve your physical, emotional and mental health. You'll be surrounded by a lush oasis of beautiful plants in a calming retail garden setting.
- You genuinely love meeting and talking to people.
- No year-round work commitment! Our season commences in late March thru October.
- No early morning or late-night shifts. We are open 7-days a week 9:30am to 6:00pm including holidays.
- Flexible scheduling- you must commit to being flexible to work anywhere between 2-4 days on weekdays & 1 day on the weekend.
- Higher than average pay scale for similar work.
- Cultivate your very own green living space through our employee discount!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a current cover letter and resume that demonstrates your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or drop in’s please as our recruiter works off-site.