Starts April 1st, 2022
We are looking for mature, energetic individuals who possess a "jack-of-all-trades" attitude! All positions are Part-time, 3 to 4 days per week over a seven day operational schedule. We are currently recruiting Market and Nursery Cashiers.
Bringing plant knowledge is an strong asset for the job.
Our ideal candidates will have outstanding interpersonal skills and possess the demonstrated ability for accurate and efficient cash handling requirements of the job.
We are a family-owned destination Farm Market & Nursery offering a unique shopping experience! Our customers enjoy the one-stop-shop at our vibrant Farm Market right next to our Garden Centre. We take pride in giving outstanding customer service and embracing cultural diversity in our workplace - where staff members genuinely feel being part of one big family.
- Provide courteous and prompt services to our customers with enthusiasm.
- Perform sales register transactions including refunds, gift cards, and loyalty rewards.
- Encourage customers to sign-up for Vandula's Loyalty Rewards and assisting them with the registration.
- Provide assistance on receiving, stocking, pricing and maintaining our plants & retail merchandise.
- Ensure that shelves and displays are fully stocked with products and properly labeled.
- Guide customers to product and plant location in the greenhouse.
- Provides assistance on setting up products for demo display and food sampling.
- Assists in taking customers' comments & questions for demonstration products.
- Min. 2 years Customer Service/ Cashier experience.
- Fluent in English orally & in writing.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience working in a Grocery Store/Retail Market setting.
- Must memorize produce codes and familiarize with plant classifications (vegetable plants, tropical plants, etc) Training will be provided.
- Can tolerate long periods of standing w/ the ability to lift up to 30 lbs of plant materials.
- Willingness to learn our in-house POS (Cash Register) and handle sales, gift cards, and loyalty reward transactions efficiently.
Why Should You Apply:
- If you are willing to give us your best, you will be provided with the knowledge, resources, and support to ensure your success as a retail market & nursery cashier.
- Connect with nature! You'll be surrounded by a lush oasis of beautiful plants in a serene market & nursery setting!
- No year-round work commitment! Our season commences in late March thru to early November.
- No early morning or late-night shifts. We are open 7-days a week 9:30am to 6:00pm including holidays.
- Flexible scheduling- you must commit to being flexible to work weekdays & weekends.
- Higher than average pay scale for similar work.
- An AMAZING opportunity for the right individuals!
Please email your resumes. Please NO phone calls.
Make sure to include a brief cover letter highlighting your amazing customer service skills!
We thank all interested applicants. However, only shortlisted applications meeting our minimum requirements will be contacted. Staff training will commence in late March 2022.
How to apply
Please email your RESUME with a brief cover letter highlighting your experience to qualify for this position, your interests and preferences (or limitation period) on work schedule. NO PHONE CALLS, please firstname.lastname@example.org