Cultivate a green living lifestyle! We are a family-owned Market & Nursery offering a unique farm destination shopping experience, where you can enjoy the one-stop-shop for fresh produce and beautiful plants! We take pride in giving outstanding customer service and embracing cultural diversity in our workplace - where staff members genuinely feel being part of one big family.
We are looking for mature, energetic individuals to join our growing team!
As a Nursery Associate, you have an incredible passion for Houseplants, team-oriented and possess a balance of plant knowledge, retail & customer services skills.
You love to meet plant enthusiasts to share your knowledge and advice on plant care, plant styling, and a genuine desire to assist plant novices with their inquiries, concerns and recommend amazing plants and products that Vandula has to offer. You have a strong desire to provide a positive customer experience with sincere and patient attitude.
You thrive in a fast-paced teamwork environment and demonstrate a resilient attitude in the face of ambiguity, growth, and change.
All positions are Part-time, 3 to 4 days per week over a seven-day operational schedule.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide courteous and prompt services to our customers with a focus on suggestive selling
- Assist with daily plant care maintenance including watering, fertilizing, pruning and re-potting
- Act as a “Plant Expert” in the Houseplant Department, acquiring a holistic knowledge of all our products to provide suitable recommendation for our customers.
- Assist with receiving, stocking, pricing and visual merchandising of our indoor plants and other merchandise as scheduled.
- Ensure that shelves and displays are fully stocked with products and properly labeled.
- Assist with setting up products for future in-store events, workshops & other community initiatives.
- Encourage community engagement and customer retention through posts sharing on our social media pages, email sign-up and subscription to our in-store Loyalty Rewards.
- 1+ year(s) in Retail, Hospitality or Customer Service Setting
- Must be a houseplant enthusiast!
- Not afraid to get dirty at work – yes, we work with dirt!
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency - providing immediate customer assistance and resolving any issues that arise in a timely, friendly and respectful manner.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback with a willingness to learn & improve.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a strong organizational and communication skills
- When required, demonstrate willingness to learn our in-house POS (Cash Register) and handle sales, gift cards, and loyalty reward transactions accurately
- Part-Time: You will be expected to work 20-36 hours per week depending on seasonality.
- Must be available to work on weekdays and at least one day on the weekends
- You must be flexible to work between 6 and to 8 hour shifts as scheduled
- Available to work during our retail black-out periods - Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Pumpkin Patch Festival Weekend Dates in October
Why Should You Apply:
- You embrace a healthy and meaningful lifestyle that connects with nature! You'll be surrounded by a lush oasis of beautiful plants in a serene market & nursery setting
- No year-round work commitment! Our season commences in late March thru to early November.
- No early morning or late-night shifts. We are open 7-days a week 9:30am to 6:00pm including holidays.
- Flexible scheduling- you must commit to being flexible to work weekdays & weekends
- Higher than average pay scale for similar work.
- Cultivate your very own green living space through our employee discount!
Please email your resume with a brief cover letter expressing your interest and why you're a perfect fit for this role and send it to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. However, only applicants that can demonstrate experience will be contacted for interview.